||Pearl barley, Scotch barley, Barley,
Yavah, Barliarisi, yuva, Ymvah, jave-godhi, Java, Yavaka,
2. Parts used:
Contents: Hordenine and gramine in young seedlings.
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Madhura
- Veerya: Seetaveerya
- Guna: Snigdha
- Vipaka: Madhura
- The Barley water is good remedy for Jaundice.
- It is anti inflammatory, demulcent, nutritive, hepatitis.
- Good source of nutrition.
- It relieves stomach problems, intestinal irritation and
- It also helps to cure tumors.
- It clears mucus.
- It is antioxidant.
- Helpful in soothing and reducing inflammation in sores
- It removes poison out of boils, abscesses, stings, and
- Good remedy for weeping eczema.
- It helps to lower blood cholesterol and regulate blood
sugar and in preventing bowel cancer due to the presence
of beta glucan.
- Cool barley water used as tonic for fevers and to soothe
or heal stomach or digestive upsets.
- It relieves irritable bowels, dry coughs, diarrhea, cystits,
or irritable bladders.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email