||Arusha - Adulasa
||Justicia adhatoda, Adulsa Arusa,
Adathodai, Bakash, Adathoda, Adalodakam, Adusoge, Addasaramu
2. Parts used:
- Stem Bark
Contents: The leaves of the plant contain two major
alkaloids called vasicine, and vasicinone 1,2.
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Bitter
- Vipaka: Spicy
- Veerya: Seetaveerya
- The extraction of leaf is a good medicine for Asthma and
- It is a good medicine to stop internal and external bleedings
like bleeding gums, piles and peptic ulcers.
- It is a good ingredient in decoctions for all types of
fever due to kapha and pitta doshas.
- It is expectorant, antispasmodic and good blood purifier.
- It speeds up the child birth.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Simha mukhi: Flowers of this plant are in the shape of
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Vaidya mata: This plant is like mother to doctors.
- Kaphahari: Which balances Kapha in the body.
Vasthu guna deepika,Vasthu guna prakashika,Chakradatta, Susrutam,
Basavarajeeyam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangasena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli
Contraindicated in pregnancy except at birth.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email