|| Indian Saffron, Tumeric, Yellow
C urcuma, Saffron des Indes, Gelbwurz, Curcuma, Kharkoum,
Wong geung fun, Haldee, Haldi, Huldee, Huldie, Kunjit,
Kunyit, Kunjit, Kaha, Munjal, Kamin li
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- It is used in dishes as natural colorizing agent.
- It is used curries and curry powders.
- Turmeric is a mild digestive, aromatic, a stimulant and
a carminative, antiseptic.
- Turmeric water used to impart golden glow to the complexion.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Yoshitpriya: Which is deserved by women.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email