||Sinapis alba Lahi
2. Parts used:
Contents: Sinalbin, which produces p-hydroxybenzyl
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Bitter and spice.
- Vipak: Spice.
- These seeds are used as medicine for scurvy and dropsy.
- The combination of mustard and black pepper used as medicine
- The mustard oil, when applied on body, reduces fat.
- It kills the germs.
- The mixture of mustard seeds and salt, when applied on
teeth, cures the dental problems.
- It is rubefacient, irritant, stimulant, diuretic, emetic.,
pungent, laxative, digestive.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Teekshna Gandha: The plant with pungent smell.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Krimimardha:This plant kills germs.
Brundamadhavam, Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika,
Basavarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email