||Tailaphala, Putadhanya, Pitratarpana
syn: S. orientale
|| Bene Seeds, Beniseed, Benne, Gingelly,
Gingili, Gingilli, Semsem, Simsim, Teel, Til, Sumsum
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Spicy.
- Vipaka: Bitter.
- To sprinkle over breads and cakes.
- It normalizes the menustration process [amenorrhea].
- Good remedy for bums, cholera, constipation and cough.
- It also works for dysentery, dysmenorrheal, gonorrhea,
emmenagogue, emollient and ulcers.
- Seeds are aphrodisiac, demulcent, diuretic, galactogogue
- It is laxative, rejuvenative.
- It cures hemorrhoids, scalds[injuries due to burns].
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Sweta pushpa: The plant with white flower.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Lolambarajeeyam.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email