||Cassia augustifolia, Cassia acutifolia,
||Shonpat, Bhumivalli, Senna, Indian
senna, Tinnervelly senna, cassia senna, Senna, Rajavriksha,
Fan xia ye, American senna, locust plant, wild senna
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Bitter and spicy.
- Veerya: Ushna.
- It is Purgative.
- It enhances the peristaltic movements of the colon.
- It is useful in habitual costiveness [constipation].
- It is used as expectorant, wound dresser.
- It is antidysentric, carminative and laxative.
- Good herb for inflammatory skin conditions, hypertension,
- It is anthchiiintic, antipyretic, alterative, cathartic,
laxative, vermifuge, diuretic by nature.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Swarna pushpi :The plant with yellow flowers.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Baddamochani: Clears constipation.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email