||Jay ka pet
|| Jatimaram, Sivigaram, Jaypha ,
2. Parts used:
- The dried and de-husked seeds
Contents: Alkaloids: terpene hydrocarbons, sabinene
and pinenes; furthermore camphene, p-cymene, phellandrene,
terpinene, limonene, myrcene.
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Bitter and spice.
- Vipaka: Spice.
- Veerya: Ushna veerya.
- It cures headache, nerve fevers, cold fevers, foul breath,
and intestinal weakness.
- It is stomachic, stimulant, carminative, Analgesic, Aromatic,
carminative, hallucinogenic, expectorant, deobstruent, sialagogue,
and emmenagogue in nature.
- In the cases of dyspepsia, intestinal catarrh and colic
it helps a lot.
- Useful in insomnia, digestive disorders, rheumatism,
skin disorders, dehydration, depression and common cold.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Sugandha: Good fragrance.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Madasoundya: Which creates Mada.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email