||Kantankattiri, Dorla, Nelabadane,
Kantakari, Kante, Dhaturi, Nelagulle, Bhonyaringani, Bheji-baigana
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Spicy and bitter.
- Veerya: Ushna veerya.
- It is stimulating, expectorant and mild laxative and diuretic.
- It is a good remedy for phlegm disorders.
- Good and well known remedy for fevers due to the Kapha
- It cures Influenza, sannipatas [fevers which are difficult
- One of the Dasamulas.
- Good herb for asthma and bronchitis.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Kshudara kanta: The plant with small leaves.
- Bahukanta: The plant with several leaves.
- Kantakari: the whole body of the plant with spines.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Kasahari: Decreases cough.
- Krimihata: Kills germs.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email