||Thippili, Pippal, Pipli, Hipli,
Vettilai, Pipram, Kandan Lippili, Pipla mul, Thippali,
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Sweet and spicy.
- Veerya: Ushna veerya according to some saints and Seetaveerya
according to other.
- It is cooling and oily, digestive, carminative, stimulant,
febrifuge, alternative and tonic.
- According to Ayurveda it is recommended to take this
herb with milk [cow or goat] to enhances the absorption
of this herb.
- It is good remedy for piles with butter milk.
- It relieves stomach pain.
- It balances three doshas.
- It is useful in the treatment of thirst, fever, abdominal
- It clears worms in stomach.
- Alterative, tonic, sedative, vermifuge, cholagogue, emmenagogue.
- Used in cough, cold, chronic bronchitis, palsy, gout,
rheumatism, lumbago, insomnia, epilepsy, asthma, amorexia,
piles, dyspepsia, leucoderma.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Vaidehi: Which grows in a place called as “Videha”.
- Sookshmatiktatandula: The plant with minute and bitter
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.