||Beleric Myrobalan, Hela
||Beleric Myrobalan, Bibhitaki, Bhaira,
Bahira, Bilhitak, Bahera, Vibhidhaka, Bahedamunjhad
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: It contains all 5 tastes except salt.
- Vipaka: Sweet.
- Veerya: Ushna.
- This is one of the triphala.
- It is good for vision and hair. It also cures the problem
related to eyes.
- Good for asthma and bronchitis.
- It clears ama dosha.
- In Unani this is used as medicine for brain and stomach.
- It is a good medicine for throat inflammations.
- It also cures the problems related to eyes, nose and heart.
- Externally it is antiseptic and good lotion for swellings
due to pitta.
- It is Anthelmintic,.antiseptic, astringent, expectorant,
laxative, lithotriptic, rejuvenate
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Tila pushapakaha: The flower of this plant similar to
- Karsha phala: It precipitates the impurities in water.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Vishagnaha: Removes poison.
- Anilaghnaka: Balances Vata.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basavarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email