||Physic nut, Jatropha
||Jatropha curcus, Curcas purgans
||Ratanjyot Jangli erandi, Ratanjot
||Jepal, Kattamanakku, Kadaharalu,
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Spicy.
- Vipaka: Spicy.
- Veerya: Ushna veerya.
- Jatropa is used as medicine for diseases like paralysis
- It also used as remedy for snake bites.
- Some researches revealed that this herb has capability
to heal the cancer.
- The purified seeds of Jatropha are used in medicines
to clear the constipation problem.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Snigdha beeja: Seeds with oil.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
The seeds may cause motions, if they are not purified.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email