||Anethum graveolens, Peucedanum
|| Sabbasige, Satakuppa, Dill Seed,
Dilly, Garden Dill, surva
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Mathura.
- Vipaka: Katu.
- It is used in pickling.
- Sauces for fish and soups.
- It is also used on cakes and breads.
- It adds a nice flavour to dishes.
- It is caminative, stomachic and slightly stimulant.
- It also relives digestive problems.
- It stops hiccups.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Sookshamapatra: The plant with small leaves.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
- Vataghna: Balances Vata dosha.
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email