|| Apollo’s Bay Leaf, Bay,
Bay Laurel, Grecian Laurel, Indian Bay, Laurel, Nobel
Laurel, Poet’s Laurel, Roman Laurel, Royal Laurel,
Sweet Bay, Sweet Laurel, Wreath Laurel
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Spicy and sweet.
- Veerya: Ushna veerya.
- Vipaka: Katu.
- It is used in soups, sauces.
- Seasoning for fish, meat and poultry.
- It also used as pickle.
- It is astringent, carminative, diaphoretic, digestive,
diuretic, emetic and stomachic in nature.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
- Surabhi valkala: With good smell.
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email