|| Asafetida, Assafetida, Assafoetida,
Devil’s Dung, Devil’s Durt, Food of the Gods
(Persian), Laser (Roman), Stinking Gum.
French: assa foetida, ferulr perisque
German: Asafotida, Stinkender Asant
Indian: hing, hingu, heeng
2. Parts used:
3. Properties and Action According to Indigenous
- Rasa: Spicy and mild bitter
- Veerya: Ushna veerya
- It gives good taste and smell to the dishes when it used
in small quantity.
- It is a main ingredient in vegetarian dishes.
- It is widely used in pickles and soups.
- It is an antidote for flatulence.
- It also cures respiratory conditions like asthma, bronchitis
and whooping cough.
- It kills germs.
- As a combination it acts as remedy for hysteria.
- It also cures acute alcoholism.
5. Names due to Physical properties:
6. Names due to Medical properties:
Vasthu guna deepika, Vasthu guna prakashika, Chakradatta,
Susrutam, Basabarajeezam, Bhavaprakashika, Vangacena, Charakasamhita,
Vagvatamu, Hareetasamhita, Srijanakalpavalli.
If you think that any information given on this page is not complete, please
do not hesitate to let us know. If you are from the press or a practitioner
or scientist - or if you just need more information or a high resolution photo,
you are more than welcome to write us an email